Set the scene today for the Roxie’s tomorrow!
As we close out 2019, we are thrilled with the year we’ve had, bringing our community an unparalleled slate of films and cinema experiences that have entertained us and enriched our lives. This year has brought:
- Q&As with filmmakers such as Joe Talbot (The Last Black Man in San Francisco) and Isaac Julien (Frantz Fanon: Black Skin, White Mask);
- Premieres of female-directed independent films like Always in Season (Jacqueline Olive) and For Sama (Waad al-Kateab);
- Documentaries that compelled us to better understand our world like Gay Chorus Deep South and Fantastic Fungi;
- Repertory cinema on 16mm and 35mm that celebrates celluloid like Barbara Hammer: Cinema of Intimacy and All That Jazz;
- Community partner screenings with the Dreamer Fund (Undocumented), The Tenderloin Museum (Drugs in the Tenderloin), Canyon Cinema (Chick Strand: Ambient Dew Point) and BFF.fm (Purple Rain);
- RoxCine’s program of exceptional Spanish-language cinema including the return of Hecho en Mexico and Over the Wall: Shorts and Discussion;
- And a venue for our local film community including festivals like the SFFILM, SF Indie Fest, Transgender Film Festival, CAAM, Frameline, Arab Film Festival, and more.
Through these events and so many others, we have strived to make an impact in our community by gathering people together to connect and engage with transformative stories in cinema. Thank you for being a part of our audience and diving into diverse film programming with us.
Represent the Roxie:
As a thank you to our December Giving supporters, we are offering exclusive Roxie swag throughout the holiday season! For 2019, we have limited-edition merchandise both new and classic: an iron-patch of our marquee, and the return of a striking tee shirt originally designed by Roxie co-founder Peter Moore in 1982. Every giving level offers you a chance to rep your favorite San Francisco cinema and shows you how important you are to us! As we like to say, no donation is too small — every gift is integral to our success.
All donors will be included in one of our social media shout-outs. $100+ donors will be acknowledged in our trailer reel.
WAYS TO GIVE
By becoming a donor today, you ensure our ability to continue sharing bold cinema with the Bay Area. Gifts are tax-deductible and can be made in several ways.
Online: The easiest way to make a contribution! Donating online is secure and takes only a moment.
- Donor Perfect: http://weblink.donorperfect.com/Roxiegiving
- Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venmo: www.venmo.com/roxie-theater
By mail: Please mail checks to Roxie Theater, 3125 16th St., San Francisco, CA 94103
In-person: Donation forms are available in our lobby. Our staff will be happy to assist or answer any questions.
Matching gifts: Many companies will double or even triple your donations. Please inquire to see if your employer offers a matching gift.
We are so thankful for your support! Any donation, big or small, helps us advance our mission and keeps our little art-house thriving.
Questions? Contact Executive Director Lex Sloan at email@example.com or call (415) 431 -3611