Reopening Health and Safety Protocols & Precautions
The Roxie is reopening for public screenings in compliance with guidelines provided by the CDC, the State of California, and the City of San Francisco. We have also adopted CinemaSafe, the uniform health and safety protocols issued by the National Association of Theatre Owners. Below is how we are taking the responsibility of keeping you and our team members safe. We’re extremely excited to welcome you back!
- Masks will be required for entry and at all times while in the building. Once seated in the auditorium, masks may only be removed while eating or drinking. These precautions apply to all patrons and staff — including those who have received vaccinations. Staff who are handling food/drinks will wear gloves as well.
- Limited showtimes and reduced capacity. Although we’d be allowed to reopen at 50% capacity, we have limited our capacity to 25% for the time being.
- Socially distanced seating. We are now offering reserved seating to ensure appropriate social distance in the auditorium. Our staff will assist with seating prior to the start of each movie.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets online in advance. Availability permitting, we will sell tickets at our box office.
- Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the theater.
- Touchless soap dispenser and faucet available in our newly renovated and ADA accessible bathroom.
- For safety’s sake, we ask patrons not to linger in the lobby before or after screenings. Arrive on time for your screening — we’ll cut off seating for a film 10 minutes after its start time. Given our commitment to limited capacities and appropriate distancing, we cannot offer alternate seating arrangements.
- All concession items will be available for credit card purchase only. Items must be consumed only when you’re in your seat.
- Before coming to work, staff will self-monitor for fever or other symptoms of COVID-19. They will not come to work if experiencing any symptoms, or if they have been in contact with someone with COVID-19.
- We’ve invested in new equipment for thorough sanitation and installed an HVAC system to increase air ventilation, filtration and purifying, Reme Halo UV lights system and Accuclean air cleaner.
- Roxie staff members will be sanitizing high-contact surfaces frequently. This includes all door handles, countertops, bathroom stalls, faucets, etc. Seating will also be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each screening. The lobby, box office and restrooms will be cleaned after each screening has started — and concessions will be cleaned at frequent and regular intervals.
Health and safety are our priority and we can’t wait to welcome you safely back to The Roxie!