Forever Roxie 2022
Being a home to so many through the decades is a really special thing. For over 100 years The Roxie has meant much more than just movies. We’ve fostered local and independent filmmaking and been a community hub for entertainment and togetherness in the heart of San Francisco’s Mission District.
We take pride in being a place of comfort for filmmakers and film lovers alike. Over the years, many of our patrons have become Roxie Regulars – folks who have come to see this theater as a home away from home: a gathering space, their trusty movie house, and a welcoming haven when times are tough. When you visit The Roxie, you’re greeted by a smile (and quite possibly your name!) because we share this historic home with you, our community of supporters and friends.
With each year, we feel more solidified in our mission to meet and connect our community through distinctive cinematic experiences. We invite you to join us in celebrating the enduring spirit of our historic home by donating to the Forever Roxie campaign. Your support and contribution helps carry forward the legacy of The Roxie.
We have some gifts to thank you for your generous donations. This year for donations of $30+ we’ve created a limited edition magnet. Donations of $60+ receive the magnet and a fresh Roxie tote. Both were designed by one of our talented theater managers, Jake Ryan. Every donation gets a coupon for a free large popcorn!
We have a special event for donors at the $120+ level: you will receive an invitation to the first-ever Saturday Social, a catered Roxie breakfast followed by a screening of Roman Holiday!
2022 has been quite a year for us, and we have even more big plans for 2023!
- It all kicked off with 233 beautiful new seats in the Big Roxie
- We’ve hosted over 15 festivals this year, as well as a slew of workshops, appreciation screenings and fundraising benefits with over 50 community partners
- We expanded Roxie Review, our filmmaker services program where local filmmakers can quality check their newly finished DCP on the Big Roxie screen
- Since launching in February, our pilot program Movies For All has brought in over 1,450 patrons and reduced barriers to moviegoing for Bay Area citizens
Your donation helps offset our not-so-glamorous operating expenses, and is vital to sustaining us!
- Maintaining our century-old building and continuing to make upgrades to improve the moviegoing experience
- Replacing the light engine in the Big Roxie’s DCP projector
- Offering paid time off to all staff
- A substantial yearly increase in rent and utilities
- Shipping and staffing for 35mm and 16mm films
If you would like to donate your time or skills to the Roxie, we would be delighted! Fill out this form and we’ll let you know if we’ve got a project that would be right for you.
WAYS TO GIVE
By becoming a donor today, you ensure our ability to continue sharing bold cinema with the Bay Area. Gifts are tax-deductible and can be made in several ways.
Online: The easiest way to make a contribution! Donating online is secure and takes only a moment.
By mail: Please mail checks to Roxie Theater, Attn: Giving, 3125 16th St., San Francisco, CA 94103