#GIVINGTUESDAY | DECEMBER GIVING
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Roxie Theater!
Sharing the best of independent and local cinema with the Bay Area is our absolute passion, but we can’t do it without the support of our community! As a non-profit art house cinema, donations are essential in keeping our classic theater running and bringing you the best in daring independent film programming.
With your support on #GivingTuesday and throughout the month of December, we will be able to finish our 2017 strong and continue onto another great year of showcasing distinctive cinematic experiences for our diverse community. We would love your help in reaching our #GivingTuesday goal of $35,000.
To show our gratitude, with your donation of the following amounts you will receive:
$25 – limited edition Roxie Theater original ticket pin*
$50 – limited edition pin and Roxie t-shirt
$100 – the Roxie Super Supporter Pack (pin, t-shirt, 2 popcorn & a movie passes, 1 piece of Roxie history**)
Can’t give $25 this holiday season? No problem! To show that every little bit counts, those who give $10 will get a personal thank you from the Roxie on social media.
Have the ability to make a more sizable impact on the Roxie’s work? Gifts of over $1,000 have a major effect on a small organization like the Roxie! Let your charitable giving make a lasting mark in the community.
Not only have we had an exciting year of films, festivals and special events, but we’ve also been working tirelessly to improve the theater in every way we can. Over the past year, your donations have helped make possible:
- An exciting new programmatic strategy, complete with new print calendars
- The introduction of RoxCine, our Spanish-language film series
- New festival partners like SF International and CAAM
- New projection equipment and DCP support in the Little Roxie for a brighter, sharper picture
- Dolby-calibrated digital surround sound in the Big Roxie
- New energy-saving LED lights and lighting improvements in many areas
- Online improvements to our membership program
- The Roxie is now an official San Francisco Legacy Business!
- A 40% increase in our total audience size over last year
But we still need your help! There is so much more that we need to do to both improve the theater and to ensure that the Roxie can continue to operate.
Your donation will help us with several projects:
- Renegotiating our lease or otherwise taking control of our space
- Replacing our side exit doors with soundproof doors
- Improving the maintenance and upkeep of our seats
- Making further improvements to the lighting in our main auditorium
Because the Roxie is a 501(c)(3), your gift to us will be fully tax-deductible. Please support us this giving season by clicking on the link below to help us make our year-end goals, improve the Roxie, and keep our prices low.