FOOD & FARM FILM FEST: OPENING NIGHT
April 03 only
Our opening night shorts program introduces viewers to subjects from beekeeping to baking to what sausages get up to on vacation. We meet the creator of Sriracha hot sauce, hear a poetic approach to public health, and find out what happens when you don’t tip your waiter. Join us for our opening program and stay for the after party!
Thursday, April 3 at 7pm
Introduced by Anna Lappé of the Real Food Media Project
- Real Food Media Project Winner Homeward (Daniel Klein and Mirra Fine, 4 min)
- Japanese Knotwood Quiche (Aube Giroux, 3 min)
- Beekeeper, made by hand (Keith Ehrlich, 6 min)
- Wurst (Carlo Vogele, 6 min)
- Josey Builds A Bakery (Najeeb Tarazi, 15 min)
- Purest Poison (Jamie DeWolf, 5 min)
- Waiter Duty (Jason Wolos, 11 min)
- Sriracha (Griffin Hammond, 32 min)
Served with: Earthbound’s Spring Salad, Josey Baker Bread & Sriracha Cream Cheese
Your ticket also includes entry to our opening night celebration at Root Division (3175 17th St & S Van Ness). Join us for free food from Earthbound Farm, Bi Rite Market, and Suppershare, local wine from Farm Line Wines and beer from Calicraft and Deschutes, with live music by the Gaucho Gypsy Jazz band.
- – – – – – -
Our second Food & Farm Film Festival will take place on April 3-6, 2014. This unique festival pairs local chefs with new films to create a delicious feast for the eyes and mouth. We are so thrilled to bring you these amazing films, in partnership with 18 REASONS, that celebrate food and farming while challenging us to deeply explore our food system! If you just can’t choose between them, buy a festival pass and come to all nine screenings.
FOOD & FARM FILM FEST: OPENING NIGHT: Upcoming Showtimes