Jobs, Internships and Volunteer Opportunities
The Roxie is San Francisco’s historic, nonprofit independent cinema. Opened in 1909 and one of the nation’s foremost independent theaters since the late ’70s, the Roxie has a long and daring cinematic history. We experienced a resurgence in 2016, with record audiences and revenues, and are working to keep the theater around for another hundred years.
While our current Executive Director will be staying with the organization in a different capacity, the Roxie is seeking to hire a new Executive Director to provide day to day leadership of the organization, to ensure that the Roxie’s programmatic strategy remains strong and that the fiscal health of the organization is maintained, as well as to directly manage the Operations Director and the Director of Programming. As a small and independent yet highly active organization active nearly 365 days per year, leadership of the Roxie requires a unique and diverse skillset.
The right candidate will have:
* An unstoppable passion for both independent film and for the experience of going to the cinema
* Experience leading a customer or constituent-focused organization or department
* Direct experience successfully managing a 6-figure (or higher) budget
* Direct experience managing a small team of 10-50 individuals
* Experience building audiences via community outreach, social media and print promotion
* Desire to perform both hands-on work and *also* the ability to delegate
* Ability to set quantitative targets and analyze performance against them
* A reflexive understanding of the Roxie’s unique role in the SF cinema landscape and the ability to clearly articulate the Roxie’s mission.
* A sense of showmanship, with excellent writing and presentation skills
* Proven ability to work quickly and manage a diverse series of tasks
A preferred candidate will have several of the following:
* Development experience – grant writing, fundraising, membership management
* Reflexive familiarity with the basics of digital AV tech
* Management of capital improvement projects
* Experience working with film distributors on licensing and booking films
* Experience reporting to a board of directors
* An understanding of recent trends in independent cinema
Other skills of value:
* Facilities management experience
* HR management experience
* Experience working with film festivals
* Experience with audio-visual production (filmmaking, video editing, audio production)
* Cross-platform IT and networking experience
To apply, please send both a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. The Roxie is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and minorities are encouraged to apply. We’re afraid, however, that relocation benefits are not available.
VOLUNTEER WITH US!
Our volunteers are an essential part of the Roxie team. Volunteering is a great way to meet fellow film-lovers and gain access to our exciting programming and special events! Sign up below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
If you would like to join the team, please fill out the application form below. We will be in touch with you soon.